File a Notice of Secretary/Assistant Secretary(ies) or Filing a Notice of Change of Secretary/Assistant Secretary(ies)


The Companies Act, Ch. 81:01, stipulates that a company must notify the Registrar of the appointment of a Secretary/Assistant Secretary or the cessation of such appointment, within one(1) month of the occurrence of either event.

The Company Secretary is an officer with a wide range of responsibilities, such as carrying into effect the decisions of the directors, advising them of their legal obligations, ensuring that the company is in compliance with relevant legislation, including its obligations to file documents with the Companies Registry and other regulatory authorities, and maintaining company records, accounts and minutes of meetings. The Secretary and/or Assistant Secretary is appointed either by the directors or in accordance with the bye-laws of the company, and such appointment must be made within one month after the incorporation of the company.

The Filing Process

  • Download two (2) copies of the Notice of Secretary/Assistant Secretary(ies) or Notice of Change of Secretary/Assistant Secretary(ies) (“Notice”) from this website and complete duplicate originals of the Notice.
  • Book an appointmentt with the Registrar General’s Department to submit the duplicate originals at the Companies Registry counter.
  • Pay the prescribed fee of forty TT dollars ($40.00), at the time of the appointment, directly to the Companies Registry cashier at the Registrar General’s Department.
  • Collect one original Notice at the Companies Registry counter.

Where a person or a company fails to deliver a Notice of Secretary or Change of Secretary within the stipulated time, the Registrar of Companies is entitled to collect from the person or company a penalty of three hundred (300) dollars for every month, or part thereof, that the notice is “late” in being filed (section 516 of the Companies Act, as amended by section 16(e) of the Finance Act No. 2 of 2013)..

This notificaton is intended for general guidance only, and does not constitute legal advice.

You should seek appropriate professional advice and assistance, where necessary; the Registrar General's Department cannot provide such advice.