An external company is an association, society, body or other group, formed under the laws of a country other than Trinidad and Tobago, which has been established as a body corporate with the authority, among other things, to regulate its own business, contract in its corporate name and acquire and hold real and personal property.
Where an external company establishes a place of business in Trinidad and Tobago, that external company must be registered, under the Companies Act, Ch. 81:01, within fourteen (14) days of such establishment.
The Registration Process
The external company must be registered online using the TTBizlink e-Company Registration Service. To enroll for the TTBizlink e-Company Registration Service, visit the TTConnect website to complete and submit one of the following forms:
- Form A - for natural persons conducting their own transactions
- Form B - for companies/corporations authorising employees to transact their business
For assistance, email the TTBizLink Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the TTBizlink e-Company Registration Service the external company registration process must be completed as follows.
Step 1: Obtain approval for filing Registration documents
- Complete and submit electronically, the External Company Application for Registration
Step 2: Deliver the Registration Documents to the Registrar
- Complete duplicate originals of the following:
- Application for Registration, setting out the required particulars
- Affidavit or Solemn Declaration of an Officer of the external company, sworn to before a Notary Public, that verifies the particulars set out in the application. Download Specimen
- Certified Copy of the Corporate Instruments –
where instruments have been amended, include the original and amended documents, each certified
where instruments are in a foreign language, include the instrument in the foreign language and a translation, each certified
Download Rules regarding certified copies and translations
- Statutory Declaration of an Attorney-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Trinidad and Tobago, that there has been compliance with the requirements for the registration of an external company.
- Power of Attorney and Consent to Act as Attorney, for the purpose of receiving service of process and lawful notices
- Visit a TTPost office and purchase two legal-sized track packs; one self-addressed and one addressed to:
The Registrar General's Department,
AGLA Tower, Government Plaza,
Corner of London and Richmond Streets,
Port of Spain.
- Enclose the duplicate originals in the envelope addressed to the Registrar General's Department and mail it
The registration particulars will be pre-checked and approved-in-principle by the Registrar. A notification of the decision of the Registrar will be sent via email. This information can also be received via text message, at a cost of one TT dollar ($1.00), VAT
Processing Time: Within forty-eight (48) hours
Step 2: Pay the Cost of Registering
- Registration fee – TT $2,000.00
- Filing of Statement – TT $40.00
- Filing of Affidavit or Solemn Declaration – TT $40.00
- Declaration of Attorney at law – TT $40.00
- Power of Attorney/Consent – TT $40.00
- Certificate of Registration – TT $40.00
Processing Time: Within seventy-two (72) hours
The Certificate of Registration, with the forms attached, will be delivered at the Companies Registry counter.
Cash Payment can be made directly to the cashier at the Companies Registry.
- Subscription Account Payment
Subscription Account Payment can be made by selecting this payment option when completing the Application for Registration online.