Issue of Birth, Marriage, Death, Adoption and Muslim Divorce Certificates.
These certificates can be ordered and obtained at the Registrar General's Department at:
(1) Civil Registry, Registration House, Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts),
Port of Spain.
(2) 9 Leotaud Street, San Fernando.
(3) Pennywise Building, 7 Devenish Street, Arima.
(4) Caroline Building No. 2, # 11 Hamilton Street, Scarborough, Tobago.
(1) Completed application form - obtainable at said locations.
(2) Form issued by District Registrar upon registration may be required for certificates of births and/or deaths.
Photocopy of previous certificate issued by the Registrar General's Department.
Time-frame for delivery:
Registration House - 5 working days.
San Fernando and Arima - 10 working days.
Tobago - 3 working days.
Correction of Errors on Registration Record
Supply information to the Civil Registry, Registrar General's Department, Registration House,72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain or Caroline Building No. 2, # 11 Hamilton Street, Scarborough, Tobago.
(1) Documentary evidence to support change to record, e. g. affidavit, baptismal certificate, immunization card, Form 19.
(2) Document requiring correction.
(3) Other relevant documents requested by Clerk IV.
$4.00 includes cost of new certificate.
This service is available at the following offices where forms are also optainable:
- Port of Spain
- San Fernando
Please click for contact information.
Search of Records on Births, Deaths and Marriages
Apply at Civil Registry, Registrar General's Department, 72-74 South Quay, Port of Spain (next to Courts), or Caroline Building No. 2, #11 Hamilton Street, Scarborough, Tobago.
Application Form obtainable at both addresses.
1. Date of birth of child.
2. Mother’s maiden name.
3. Place of birth.
Information required for marriage:
1. Names of parties.
2. Date of marriage.
Information for death:
1. Name of deceased.
2. Date of death.
3. Place of death.
$12.50 per entry